1970 Buick GSX STAGE 1
REAL GSX STAGE 1, 1 OF 282, 455 V8, AUTO, SATURN YELLOW, FRESH! Sedan
1970 Buick GSX
About This Buick
|Condition||Used Clear Title|
|Engine||GS 455 V8|
|Transmission||3 Spd Automatic|
|Drivetrain||Rear Wheel Drive|
|Exterior Color||Saturn Yellow|
Vehicle OverviewThere's no denying that 1970 was the pinnacle for the Muscle Car era. You had Chevrolet packing 450hp into their LS6 Chevelle, Mopars were regularly shoving dual quad 426 hemis off the line with 425hp, and Ford's BOSS 429 is the stuff of legends. However, one manufacturer got lost in all the advertised Horsepower wars of the early 70's. The Buick GS line, specifically their Stage 1s, packed a 455ci V8 inside a GS and while they didn't have the advertised high horsepower numbers, they had every other manufacturer beat by a mile in a less flashy statistic - Torque. The GS 455 Stage 1 left the factory underrated at 360hp, but they created an enormous 510 ft. lbs. of torque from factory! That GS 455 Stage 1 factory engine's torque rating would stand as the most torque from factory by an American car manufacturer for over 33 years until it was surpassed in 2003 by a V-10 Viper.
If that wasn't enough for you, Buick offered one rare option above there GS - The GSX. Only problem was, Buick was late to the Muscle Car party, and by the time they unveiled the GSX Stage 1 in February of 1970, they had no way of advertising it as all the catalogs for the year had long been printed. So a mere 400 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 GSXs were produced in 1970. Of those, 118 had 4-speed manuals, and 282 were equipped with the optional BB-coded TH400 automatic... This beautifully restored 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 is one of those rare 282!
Just finished in October of 2016, this GSX is the recent recipient of a 5-year, $130k restoration performed by the team at Then and Now Automotive. Today it sits in near perfect factory condition with less than 500 miles on the restoration. We see a lot of muscle cars here at DC Classics and trust us - It doesn't get much better than this GSX!
Fresh correct Saturn Yellow Paint was applied to the body and then was buffed and wet sanded to perfection. Originally found in 2012 in a storage unit, the current owner commissioned the restoration. There was small amounts of rust on the trunk pan, and quarter panels that after further inspection after the car was disassembled the team made the call to replace the trunk pan and both quarter panels with OEM equipment. The entire restoration is fully documented with receipts that detail the level of top notch quality.
Inside the engine compartment you'll find what is believed to be the original 455ci V8. Close inspection reveals the correct SS engine stamp that reveals its a correct 1970 stage 1 455. During the restoration, the restoration team painstakingly disassembled the entire car and driveline and over the next 5-years restored the vehicle to better than factory standards. Anything that wasn't correct to the car they would replace with only GSX or Stage 1 correct parts. For example, the team had to find a correct distributor for this engine, when they finally found the correct ?1112016? cast distributor, they had to pay $1,500 for the distributor alone. They also sourced a date code and a correct BB coded '70 TH400 specific to a Stage 1 GSX.
Whether you are a part of the Buick faithful, or are just a fan of old school muscle, you have to admit... It doesn't get much more rare than this! Don't miss out on your chance to own a part of history. Call Today!
- #266 1970 GSX Produced.
- Factory GSX Stage 1 455ci V8, Auto
- Originally ordered in 4/21/70
- Listed in GSX Registry and has Historical Society documentation
- Complete 5-year Rotisserie Restoration restored by Then and Now automotive, finished in October of 2016. FULLY DOCUMENTED WITH RECEIPTS FROM RESTORATION.
- Over $130,000 was spent during the restoration alone.
- Factory correct Saturn Yellow
- Factory Options:
- A-X - (A-9 & A-1) GSX & Stage 1 Performance option includes A-9 and Stage 1 Engine (High Performance 455 cu. in. modified V8 engine with low restriction dual exhaust system.)
- A-9 Includes
- Distinctive GSX Hood and Body Stripes
- Front and rear spoiler
- GSX ornamentation decal on rear spoiler and rear quarter
- GSX Grille and instrumnet panel with distinctive GSX Black Stripes
- Color - Coordinated Headlamp Bezels
- Outside Right and Left color coordinated racing mirrors
- Hood Tachometer
- ?B-2 Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 Transmission
- B4 Full Length Console
- C-1 Power Disc Brakes
- F-7 Super Wide Oval/White Billboard Lettered Tires
- G-1 Performance Axle with Positive Traction 3.42 ratio
- H-6 Rally Ride Control Package and Firm Ride Springs and REar Lower Control Arm Assembly
- L-2 Soft Ray Tinted Glass
- U-9 Instrument Gauges and Rally Clock
- X-2 Rally Steering Wheel
- 3-N - Special Paint
- Ordered with Factory Radio Delete
- Ordered without A/C
Air Conditioning NA
Oil PSI Gauge YES
Temperature Gauge YES
Fuel Gauge YES
Tail Lights YES
Brake Lights YES
Reverse Lights YES
Turn Signals YES
Runs & Drives YES
- We can assist with shipping right to your door, Worldwide!
- Please keep in mind we are in Mooresville, North Carolina which is in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Contact our sales staff at 704-663-0432 or email@example.com
- Please note that all sales are binding and final. Our cars are sold as is with no warranty.
Warranty InformationThis Vehicle is Being Sold "As-Is." No extended warranty available for this vehicle.
AS IS NO WARRANTY
Contact Us at 704-663-0432
We will gladly arrange a free shipping quote for any
vehicle. Open or Enclosed trailer. Local or Worldwide.
Contact us at 704-663-0432.
DC Classic Cars East158A Rolling Hill Road , Mooresville, NC 28117
Call Us About This Vehicle: 704-663-0432
Email Us About This Vehicle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
|Monday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||8 a.m. - 5:00p.m.|
|Saturday:||9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
- Saturn Yellow with Black Vinyl Interior
- Wood Trim
- 12v Power Outlet
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Center Console
- Sport Seats
- Accent Stripes
- Body Side Moldings
- Rear Spoiler
- As-Is - Not covered by a warranty. Contact seller for details.