1962 Chevrolet Bel Air
REAL DUAL QUAD 409 BUBBLETOP, 4-SPD, 2-OWNER, FULLY RESTORED! Coupe
1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Bubbletop
About This Chevrolet
|Condition||Used Clear Title|
|Transmission||4 Spd Manual|
|Drivetrain||Rear Wheel Drive|
|Exterior Color||Ermine White|
Vehicle OverviewWhat an amazing story this car is! Originally sold new here in our hometown of Mooresville North Carolina by Safety Chevrolet (who has since gone out of business) by a Mack Row Christenberry. Mack ran a garage in the early 60's called Christenbury Garage where, based on some of the photos that we have that date to '62, was an impressive builder of custom vehicles.
After purchasing this bubbletop from Safety Chevrolet, he actually branded the bubbletop with a decal down the side that actually said SOLD by Safety Chevrolet and above the door he put driver Mack Christenberry. Look through our photos below to see the pictures proving this 409 dual quad was actually being raced back in the day!
After being retired from drag racing, the vehicle was bought by Mack's son in 1973 and became a daily driver until it was parked in the early 80's, we have photos from '86 showing it stored in a garage and out of the elements.
In the early 2000s the son decided it was time to fully restore the car back to its former glory. And wow did he do an amazing frame off restoration. Which by the way, we have every receipt spent on the car from about '98 on. You would be hard pressed to find another 409 dual quad '62 Chevy that is as documented as this car is. The only reason the vehicle is being sold today is because sadly in December of '16 the son passed away and the estate brought us the car to sell.
Cars with this type of history don't pop up too often! Don't miss out!
- Sold New in Mooresville, North Carolina by Safety Chevrolet.
- Raced in the early 60's by Mack Row Christenberry. Who then sold his bubbletop to his son in '73.
- Fully restored in the late 2000s by his son.
- Correct 3788068 casting - '62 409ci V8
- Stamp pad has been decked during restoration
- Correct 3814881 intake casting
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Repainted in it's correct 936 Ermine White
- Interior recovered in correct 872 red trim
- Fully finished trunk with storage
- Current and second owner since '73
- Full photos from restoration
- Been a North Carolina car its whole life
- Never offered for sale since '73!
- Don't miss out!
DOES IT WORK?
Air Conditioning Non-Applicable
Oil PSI Gauge YES
Temperature Gauge YES
Fuel Gauge NO
Tail Lights YES
Brake Lights YES
Reverse Lights Non-Applicable
Turn Signals YES
Runs & Drives YES
- We can assist with shipping right to your door, Worldwide!
- Please keep in mind we are in Mooresville, North Carolina which is in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Contact our sales staff at 704-663-0432 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that all sales are binding and final. Our cars are sold as is with no warranty.
Warranty InformationThis Vehicle is Being Sold "As-Is." No extended warranty available for this vehicle.
AS IS NO WARRANTY
Contact Us at 704-663-0432
We will gladly arrange a free shipping quote for any
vehicle. Open or Enclosed trailer. Local or Worldwide.
Contact us at 704-663-0432.
DC Classic Cars East158A Rolling Hill Road , Mooresville, NC 28117
Call Us About This Vehicle: 704-663-0432
Email Us About This Vehicle: email@example.com
Hours of Operation
|Monday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||8 a.m. - 5:00p.m.|
|Saturday:||9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
- Ermine White with Red Vinyl Interior
- 12v Power Outlet
- All Weather Floor Mats
- Body Side Moldings
- Chrome Exhaust Tips